Recent Posts

14 April 2010

Just Say No to the Romper



Apparently, this spring's must-have item is the romper. Which, as defined by our good friends Merriam and Webster, is a "jumpsuit, especially: a jumpsuit for infants." Emphasis added by me, because it's a garment for babies that has been adopted by grown-ass women. To be worn in public.

A friend of mine declared her joy at buying one of these atrocities on Facebook the other day, and I recoiled in horror. No one, in the history of the universe, has ever uttered the phrase "Hey, baby, looking good in that romper." Except for possibly Michael Jackson. And look what happened to him.

Give me a pencil skirt, sassy short pleated skirt, or a perfect pair of jeans. Those are the items that make a woman's physique shine. For fuck's sake, this year it's a romper. Next year, will I see the pink skort I wore in 1986 looking back at me in the pages of Elle?

6 comments:

Maria said...

Weird, I was just going to talk about rompers myself. Wore one yesterday. Thought I put it together super cutely, but did not factor in how annoying going to the bathroom was going to be. No one has that kind of time, to be undressing and redressing all day long in the bathroom stall.

Ms Scarlett said...

SO with you. Those things were bad idea in the 80's when they first showed up on the runways... now they just look stupid...

angelina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Something She Dated said...

Okay now imagine if you will...even the hot babe in this picture looks awful in that thing...and now Torrid.com (aka plus size clothes) is trying to convince me that my curvaceously plump self (I'm a babe though don't fret lol!) into one of those...no thank-ya!

Anonymous said...

I have to disagree, although some rompers (like the one pictured) are not cute...I like the two I own. They basically look like spaghetti strap dresses but you don't have to worry about flashing your britney when getting out of a car and such. Had several compliments on them too...from straight guys might I add. But to each their own!

Unknown said...

Today, there are a variety of jumpsuits for stylish and practical purposes. Among the wide array of jumpsuits, some types of Jumpsuits come in a black charmeuse & have a collected scoop neckline.
Anyway thanks for sharing such a great info here!!
Rompers for Women

Post a Comment